Research Teaching Specialist
Center for Applied Genomics
- August 1990. Medicine Degree in Internal Medicine, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin, China.
- October 08 – Present
Research Teaching Specialist, Center for Applied Genomics, Public Health Research Institute, Newark, NJ, USA.
- July 05 – July 08
Research Technologist, Microarray Facility, Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen's University, Kingston, ON, Canada.
- July 04 – Jun 05
Research Assistant, Biochemistry, Queen's University, Kingston, ON, Canada.
- December 02 – December 03
Research Assistant, Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA.
- August 90 – Aug 00
Resident and Attending Physician, Tianjin Chest Hospital, Tianjin, China.
- 2006 – 2008
Management and supervision of undergraduate and graduate students utilizing microarray technology, Microarray Facility, Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen's University, Kingston, ON, Canada.
- 1997 – 2000
Instructor of resident physicians, Tianjin Chest Hospital, Tianjin, China.
Honors and Awards
- Fellowship for Continuing Education in Tianjin Chest Hospital (1999)
- Excellent Work Award in Tianjin Chest Hospital (1995)
- Excellent Student in Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (1989, 1990)
- LeBrun, D., Baetz, T., Foster, C., Farmer, P., Sidhu, R., Guo, H., Harrison, K., Somogy, R., Greller, L.D. and Feilotter, H. (2008) Predicting Outcome in Follicular Lymphoma by Using Interactive Gene Pairs. Clinical Cancer Research 14: 478-487.
- Zhang, J.Z., Guo, H., Gary Winslow, G. and Yu, X.J. (2004) Expression of Members of the 28-kilodalton Major Outer Membrane Protein Family of Ehrlichia chaffeensis during Persistent Infection. Infection and Immunity 72: 4336-4343.
- Guo, H. and Shi, D.S. (1998) Clinical Outcome of Eighty-Eight Senior Lung Infection Recovered by Using Oriental and Western Medicine. Tianjin Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine 4: 153-154.
- Ji, X.L. and Guo, H. (1996) Clinical Outcome of 107 Arrhythmia Patients Treated by Yangxin Liquid. Traditional Chinese Medical Literature and Research 5: 102-104.
- Ji, X.L. and Guo, H. (1995) Clinical Outcome of 54 Patients with Virus Myocarditis Treated by Xinji Liquid. Tianjin Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine 2: 75-79.
Presentations and Posters
- Zhang, J.Z., Guo, H. and Yu, X.J. (2003) Differential Expression of the Ehrilichia chaffeensis p28-kDa Outer membrane Protein Multigene Family during Infection. Gulf Coast Tropical Medicine Association Meeting, TX, USA.
- Guo, H. and Shi, D.S. (1997) Clinical Outcome of Pyocyanic Lung Disease Treated by Shuang Huanglian Pulvis, the 3rd Pharmacology Conference, Tianjin, China.